The overall objective of the SatNiN project is to evaluate the potential of the Sentinel satellites with respect to the Directorate of Nature Manangement's (DN's) need for nature mapping. In partiuclar, we will:
- Evaluate the potential of the Sentinel satellites with respect to identification and modelling of important nature variaton for analysis of Nature types in Norway (NiN).
- Evaluate the temporal properties of the Sentinel satellites and the potential for analysis of changes in protected areas (processes related to intervention and climate).
- Evaluate how the Sentinel satellites may be utilized together with areal images and other ancillary data for improved analysis of nature variation and processes of change in nature.
- Evaluate the potential of the Sentinel satellites with respect to mapping of mire and bedrock areas.
- Refine for which classes of Nature types in Norway data from the Sentinel satellites yields improved analysis.